Sunday, March 18, 2012

Time to get it done!

I have been collecting ticket stubs for decades. I have a cigar box stuffed with tokens of those moments when I saw plays, concerts, events and movies. The tickets have languished for these many years because I've never summoned up the courage to commit to permanently fixing them in place.

What if I get them together and then don't like the arrangement? Or, what if I get a really terrific new ticket and won't be able to add it to the piece? Or, once I have it, what should I do with it? I have a surplus of pictures for my walls and a ticket collage won't make the most attractive piece of art. Plus, I have other projects I could be doing instead of this.

But, on the other hand, I really enjoy doing collages and I've put this off far too long. So, today I'm going to a class to finally do my ticket collage.

Woohoo!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the end result. I collect things from trips (playbills, photos, tokens, things I pick up, even dirt/sand). Maybe this will motivate me...

Sparrow chic said...

How about a scrapbook for the overflow ? I hope the King Tut exhibit is among the treasures. I'll never forget ! That I got to share it with you made it priceless !

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

You can always make another, and another... or put them in a scrapbook as "Chic" suggests. Nice collection of memories.

Linda Myers said...

It will be a great collage for "up until now".

Elaine said...

I think you should get started, what a wonderful way to bring back memories.

Buttercup said...

This sounds great. I like the idea of everything past and something else for all stubs moving forward. Look forward to seeing your collage.

Ms Sparrow said...

Alas, I got there and still couldn't commit to an arrangement. I've now decided that the scrapbook idea is a way better idea! That way I don't have to overlap them and I can write about my memories of the event. I wound up doing a small nature collage with squirrels and lily of the valley.

Kittie Howard said...

I have a neighbor who made a lovely collage from napkins she'd collected. I'm not a collector and shred much. Hub, tho, saves ticket stubs to ball games. He has a special box for his memories. I think this is very nice. Have fun with your project, Ms Sparrow.

(I long ago stopped eating at Cracker Barrel, even tho they have a lovely breakfast. Tea Party Territory is not for me, LOL!)

Linda Starr said...

How wonderful you have those mementos I wish I had some from the many concerts, Rolling Stones, The Band, and so many more, ballets, and I went and I saw King Tut at the old De Young museum.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh that sounds like great fun! I love collaging and I collect some tickets but not all. I look forward to seeign your completed work of art