Monday, December 28, 2009

Looking forward to the demise of 2009


This has not been a good year for anyone I know. About all we can say is that we got another year older (and deeper in debt...remember Tennesee Ernie Ford's Sixteen Tons?)

My three great-granddaughters are here for the week. I took them to my grandson's basketball game this morning. This afternoon we have to get groceries because we are totally out of fruit. The girls consume large amounts of fresh fruit every day so I have to restock my supply. I also need to get more "kid food" like hotdogs, Dora soup (chicken noodle), chicken nuggets etc. They love going to Cub Foods because there are shopping carts with a "car" in front that the two youngest can ride in and little "customer in training" carts for the oldest girl to push. It's a dandy experience that they find special when they come to see me in St Paul.

I'm taking pictures so I'll post some this week.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

It has been a difficult year for so many people. I feel so fortunate to have my house and my job! It sounds like a fun day for you. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Out with the old, in with the new!!!

Onwards, Ms. Sparrow!

I love that idea of the fancy carts at the grocery store. They don't have that sort of thing here, but they do have something that looks like one of those Little Tykes cars but it costs something like $3 to rent...

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Great that the kids devour fresh fruit...my grandson does, too.

I can't say it's been a terrible year, but I've seen better, so let's bring on 2010!

gayle said...

2009 has been ok for us.
Can't wait to see pictures!!

Sparrow chic said...

2009 was rough for a lot of people. Loss of jobs and homes being the top reasons. Here's hoping 2010 is better.

As for my 3 angels, they are fruit fiends. They also like their junk food. Hope you are enjoying them !!

Kittie Howard said...

Sure do remember ole Tennessee...loved his deep baritone...my father especially liked Sixteen Tons as he was just starting his business and had three kids (then)...remember the old Hit Parade? We watched it faithfully....well, I try to stick to my blog stories but, to tell the truth, even tho 2009 was a pretty good year, I've got a feeling real trouble is coming...you and I are a bit older...we know that things just aren't right...here's hoping for the best...and Happy New Year!