Monday, December 14, 2009

Counting down


It snowed again last night. I went out shopping today and got the last calendars bought. Woohoo!

A friend is having a book reading of her new novel tonight at a local coffee house. S is an English lady in her 70's from my small writer's group.

I belong to another larger writer's group and the leader is also an English lady in her 70's. M has been wanting to meet S because they both lived through the WWII bombing of London as children.

I'm going to facilitate introductions for the two of them tonight. It's sure to be very interesting. They each have read excerpts of their memoirs at the individual writer's groups so I know they must have much in common.

I feel so lucky to know both of these fine writers!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so awesome...how wonderful for them to meet and share their memories of their childhoods....and they both became writers. How interesting is that?

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

It must have been so frightening and confusing for those poor ladies to have gone thru that bombing of London as children. I think any memoirs out of them would make fascinating reading!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Wow, what a nice thing, for you to introduce them to one another. My dad was a young American soldier stationed in London during the war, and he endured the bombings, too.

gayle said...

Interesting...can't wait to hear all about how it went.