Monday, October 12, 2009

Nostalgic Stamp Collectors

I apologize for the lousy illustration but I haven't found a better one. It's a new offering at the Post Office featuring stamps recognizing the TV shows of the 50's and 60's.

There's Milton Berle, Lucy & Ethel, Red Skelton, Howdy Doody, Jack Webb, Lassie, Hopalong Cassidy, Groucho Marx, Dinah Shore, Ed Sullivan, Kukla-Fran & Ollie, Phil Silvers, Lone Ranger, Perry Mason, Alfred Hitchcock, Burns & Allen, Ozzie & Harriet, Steve Allen (Tonight Show), Rod Serling (Twilight Zone) and Jackie Gleason.

I remember every one of those shows. I guess that makes me a real oldtimer!

2 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I can remember my family watching some of those shows. But even as a child television disturbed my tiny mind!!!

Sparrow chic said...

Like my Mom, I too adore TV. I remember those shows, mostly from afternoons after school when they show re-runs. I love movies also, again , like my mom. And, the torch has been passed on to my children and grandchildren. Popcorn anyone ??