Sunday, November 1, 2009

Toddler Property Laws

You may have seen these before, but they are so laughably accurate it makes me smile.

1) If I like it, it's mine.
2) If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3) If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4) If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5) If it's mine, it must never appear in any way to be yours.
6) If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7) If it looks like mine, it's mine.
8) If I saw it first, it's mine.
9) If you play with it and put it down, it's mine.
10) If it's broken, it's yours.

4 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

How funny! True, but still funny! This could be a corgi rule code as well.
Maybe if you're short, and cute, anything goes!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh dear! Those toddlers think like Alexander the Great: "All I survey I command."

Kittie Howard said...

Love it! Soooo cute, especially the last one. And, yes, Danva became my half sister, bloodwise. But, more stories to go...:)

Daughter Number Three said...

Hey, guess what... I know the person who wrote the original version of this. She was a child care teacher who then trained other child care teachers, and she wrote it to use in her training sessions. Then it "escaped" her cultivation and the rest is history...

I know this sounds like an urban myth, but I know this person very well and she's as honest as the day is long.