Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm thankful for student loans


I am so thankful for the student loan and grant programs! If they didn't exist, I could never have gotten a degree or paid for my four kids to get post-secondary education. (My second-oldest daughter and I graduated from college just one week apart.)

Imagine where our country would be if only those students with wealthy parents could get a college education. We'd be living in an elitist society where blue-blood idiots would be making the decisions how our society should be run.

Thankfully, democracy reigns and we can all be as educated or as ignorant as we want to be! Now that's what I call Freedom!

1 comment:

Kittie Howard said...

Graduations a week apart...oh, what a warm, special, treasured experience...you're so right about opening up education...I donated money (not much) to LSU last year. Then I found out that, instead of putting the money toward those in-state students in need, they recruited out of state, particularly in a high income area. Not football scholarships, academic scholarships. Why, so LSU could get its GPA up. My husband said all the schools do it...bah humbug!