Friday, September 11, 2009

Should I go see Obama or not?

President Obama will be in the Twin Cities tomorrow speaking at the Target Center over in Minneapolis. I would kinda like to go but...

I have attended several such occasions in the past and I always wind up being shunted to an alternate location where I watch the proceedings on a TV screen. Now, exciting as being in the moment may be, I would just as soon watch it on my TV at home.

The Target Center is a large venue so I might actually get to be in the same place as the President, but there are a lot of drawbacks. The doors open at 9:30 am but the event doesn't begin until 12:30 pm. There will be an airport-type security search at the door, so no bags (does that mean purses?), umbrellas, sharp objects, signs, strollers or liquids.

I'm really concerned about the liquid restriction. Where am I going to get water? Anyone who knows me, knows that I am never without a bottle of water. Surely I will perish of thirst if I'm deprived of refreshment for hours and hours. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it!

I guess I'll stay home and stay hydrated. I hope the President doesn't mind.

6 comments:

Sparrow chic said...

Stay home, better for the legs too.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

It is rare to get to see a sitting President, so I know why you wish to go. But it sounds like it would make for a very long day!

Ms Sparrow said...

On this morning's TV news they said people were standing in line at 10:30 last night already!

Sparrow chic said...

WOW !!!

Daughter Number Three said...

I went down to check it out at 12 noon (thinking I would see how crazy it was and leave!) and found lots of meter parking a few blocks away, and no wait at all to get in, and plenty of seats (high up in the arena, of course). You could buy water (for a relatively high price) once inside...

I've never been in the Target Center before, but I would now actually recommend it as a large building that is built for dealing with crowds.

I was surprised at how easy it was.

Ms Sparrow said...

D#3, thanks for the info. Nest time I won't be such a worrier.