Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ms Sparrow grows a little wiser

I've been getting really lazy lately. I haven't posted since Sunday and I feel sheepish about it. I aspire to being one of those reliable bloggers who post every day but I just can't manage to pull it off. This does not speak well of my commitment.

I've actually been trying to sort through old file folders and reduce the clutter in my little corner. What throws me off is that I have to read everything before I can decide whether to keep it or not. Add to that my chronic indecisiveness and you have the "perfect storm" of inertia. My desk is piled high with old humorous emails that I have preserved for posterity. Such as:

Hello, welcome to the psychiatric hotline.
  • If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
  • If your are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
  • If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5 and 6.
  • If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want, to just stay on the line while we trace your call.
  • If you're schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
  • If you're manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.

I just realized that in the 15 years or so since I received this, I have become more sensitive about the issue of mental illness. It's not nearly as funny as it used to be.

And so, into the recycling it goes. One down, several hundred to go...

1 comment:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

M'dear, did you know that you can prepare quite a few posts and have them automatically post for ye? Many people do them in batches, when inspiration strikes.

Sometimes they go back and add or change it up before the post date, if they so desire. But many just make a batch and let 'em post.

To set them up for future posting, click on the Post Options down at the bottom of your Composing Pane.

I very much enjoy when you do post!