Sunday, August 2, 2009

Peachy time


Last weekend, we had our annual family birthday party. It's a big affair because we celebrate a total of seven summer birthdays at once. Since my three daughters are all good cooks, we wind up with a wonderful spread and eat a lot.

My daughter, Cindy brought this fresh peach dessert. It was so good that I made it for my writer's group on Friday. Everybody raved about it, so in the spirit of sharing, here it is:

FRESH PEACH PIE (double the recipe for 9 x 13 pan)
Crust:
1 c flour...1 stick of softened butter...1/4 c powdered sugar
Mix until crumbly and pat in pie pan, bake 15 min & cool.
Topping:
1/4 c water...3 T cornstarch...1 c sugar
2 T butter...1 c fresh peaches, peeled and mashed
Method:
Combine water, cornstarch, sugar and mashed peaches into sauce pan and cook stirring constantly. Boil for a full minute til thick. Add the butter and cool. Peel and slice 3 cups of peaches and spread over the crust and pour cooked filled over covering all the peaches.

This is the nicest thing you can do with peaches! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I'm a sucker for peaches. How I love them...everything about them! What a nice recipe! I could eat it all up myself, I'm afraid...!!!