Sunday, December 21, 2008

Being Balmy

I have this kinda weird thing going on. Every day after reading my emails, I go into My Favorites and check all the blogs I follow.

At the bottom of the list is my own blog. I always open it with some expectation of reading a new entry--I want to see what I wrote! How weird is that?

I then feel obligated to write something so I don't disappoint anyone else--assuming anybody is reading my trivial stuff.

(Long pause while I painfully agonize over what to write next. I have stupidly set myself up to pen something deeply profound and relevant.)

OK, since it's Sunday, I'll give you this contribution that I got from my cousin who lives "up nort".

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (MINNESOTA STYLE)

1. Der's only one God, don't cha know.

2. Don't make dat big stuffed walleye on the mantel an idol.

3. Cussin' ain't Minnesota-like.

4. Go to church, even when yer up nort.

5. Listen to your folks.

6. Don't kill. Catch and release.

7. Der's only one Lena for every Ole. No cheatin'.

8. If it ain't yer lutefisk, don't take it.

9. Don't be braggin' about how much snow ya shoveled.

10. Keep your mind off yer neighbor's hotdish and stuff.


Now, how's that for relevant?

No comments: