Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Me too!


Everybody is going crazy over Susan Boyle. Having only heard short bits of her songs on TV, I wasn't terribly impressed. Then I rode with a friend to a meeting as she played the new album on the way. I was blown away! I literally got goosebumps listening to her. So I took a gift card that I got for Christmas and bought an album of my own. I am one of 8 million people who have bought I Dreamed a Dream so far.

I think part of Boyle's enormous appeal may be that she is "living the dream" for so many of us. I am even more dowdy and far less talented than she is, but it gives me a personal thrill to see every success she attains.

So, for me and every other supporter of the amazing Susan Boyle, I say,
YOU GO GIRL!!

7 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Susan Boyle's voice is the voice of a beautiful woman. During our Christmas road trip to New England, her album softened the miles. I love her Amazing Grace!

Kathy said...

I don't have any of her CDs but I have heard some of her music and she is truly amazing. I am so happy for her and for all of those her story will inspire.

Sparrow chic said...

When you told me about your impression of her album, I bought the CD myself. Susan Boyle has an amazing voice. And while I'm no fan of American idol, I do know who Simon Coewl(sp) is. I saw the original clip of when she walked on stage and he gave this look of "why am I here". And the look of total amazement when she 1st opened her mouth and started singing. My original thought was, that's why you don't judge a book by it's cover !!!

I agree with you Mom, YOU GO GIRL !!!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I think that your comments will sway many to purchasing SB's CD. The first time that I heard her voice I had tears and goosebumps at the same time.
Enjoy it dear lady!

Buttercup said...

I haven't heard the CD, but listen to her often on youtube and I still get a thrill many months later and many times listening to "I Dreamed a Dream."

Anonymous said...

The world is filled with talented people like this. Most never know they have talent and those who do are almost always afraid to take the next step to the limelight.

I like Susan's voice.

gayle said...

I love your voice!!