Sunday, March 7, 2010

Awards Sunday


Here it is Oscars Sunday and I have won my own special award! BLissed-Out Grandma has given me the GLOB award. (Although the BLOB award might actually be more appropriate.) She credits me with seeing the beauty in others, which is a really nice thing for her to say.

Blissed is a fellow Minnesotan and grandma who not only blogs about how her grandkids brighten her life. She also has a solid position in Twin Cities history--check out her blog from last Saturday for her "MN-street creds".

I was looking forward to the Oscars tonight but it turns out I won't be home. I'm not overly sad although it will be the first Academy Awards show I've ever missed.
From all the press, it seems that tonight's awards are just a foregone conclusion. There won't be much suspense or excitement. Since I'm not into who-wears-what or who's hanging on whose arm, I guess I won't miss much.

My computer seems to be working better after some self-help fixes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't usually watch the awards. W rarely go to the show and i have no idea who many of the actors even are. I'll watch Amazing Race if it's on and then do some reading. Enjoy your evening.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Thanks for your kind words. I do watch the Oscars, even though I haven't seen most (or any) of the movies. I love sitting around in my saggiest jeans, critiquing all the pretty and not-so-pretty dresses. Shallow but fun! I hope you have a nice evening planned!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I'm looking forward to see the banter between Steve and Alec!
Hope you're seeing some Spring up there.

Sparrow chic said...

Well, the first woman director won !! And, what fun to have so many movies I've actually seen be nominated and win !!

My 15 yr old son was up until 11pm, hoping Avatar would win best picture. Sorry to say, it did not. Note to self ... Have to see The Hurt Locker.

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Congrats on the GLOB award! You do see good in others but you're no Silly Susie Sunshine. I recall some very hard-hitting posts from you where you let some buffoons have it!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gayle said...

Congrat on your award!

Buttercup said...

Congratulations. I did start watching the Oscars and fell asleep just about my usual time of eleven. I'm not the late night person I used to be.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a virus program or Windows 7 with the latest expressions software.

Pearl said...

YOu didn't really miss anything!

Pearl

Unknown said...

What an awesome award to win!!! Love your blog, thanks to Kittie I'm now following you!