Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

#1. Stop brooding! The world will not end in 2012--not even if Sarah Palin runs for president!

#2. Never eat eight pieces of sugar-free candy at once again!

#3. Remember to start writing 2009. Rejoice that 2008 is gone-gone-gone.

#4. Lose weight (this is merely tradition, it's been my annual resolution since 1954).

#5. Get organized (this is a periodic resolution that has limited effect, but I really, really mean it this time!)

#6. Post more often, even if nobody is reading it. I need the outlet to organize my thoughts--on those occasions when I have some.

#7. Read more books and watch less TV (except for CSI, NCIS, Gray's Anatomy, Chuck, Closer, Dexter, reruns of 3rd Rock, Bones, Nip/Tuck, Monk, Life, My Name is Earl, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Jeopardy, Tudors, Jay Leno, The Daily Show, CBS Sunday Morning, Saturday Night Live, Mad TV, The Sarah Silverman Program, Leverage, My Worst Week, Cops, Lost, Heroes, Law & Order: all 3 of them-- regular, SVU and CI, and a few other shows I can't think of right now).

#8. Try to rise above my limitations and finish my book!

No comments: