Saturday, February 25, 2012

Is this creepy or what?

Well, it turns out that the installation of Century Link did not automatically delete Comcast from my computer.
Comcast won't be turned off until I take the modem back to their offices. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to get stuff transferred over to gmail. I always say, "Life is difficult for us dumb people!" I'm feeling particularly stupid right now.

I was "creeped out" when I found this message in my comments from yesterday. It seems like "Big Brother" Comcast is keeping tabs on me!
Blogger ComcastCares1 said...
I am sorry to learn that you're no longer a Comcast customer. Please feel free to contact me if you decide to come back in the future. Thanks! Mark Casem Comcast Corp. National Customer Operations We_can_help@cable.comcast.com
February 24, 2012 3:14 PM
Delete

8 comments:

Buttercup said...

Computer stuff seems beyond me. At work it's okay because there are people I can call, but at home I'm lost. Hope everything gets worked out.

Sparrow chic said...

Several years ago, I clicked on an ad to check out interest rates for my area, curious to see if it was a good idea to refinance. I then clicked off the ad, having made contact with no one. Within, 5 minutes, the company called me ! I don't check out ads over the internet any longer. ( By the way, I told them exactly what I thought of them and they never called back )

Joanne Noragon said...

It's past creepy. Good luck with the transfer. When you think you are on your last nerve, it will be done.

The Owl Wood said...

That is very, very creepy - try to rationalise it away by assuming that the chap has always been a fan of your blog! You never know...

Moving with Mitchell said...

I know that feeling (of stupidity). Hope it passes quickly. And that ComcastCares message would creep me out, too!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

I've seen that kind of thing before...I think they Google their company name to see what people are saying about them. I can't imagine that it makes them many friends, though!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

We leave a trail of cookies everywhere we go, and big brother is indeed out there, lurking, to send us pop-ups, and spam.....freaky creepy to have eyes everywhere!

Linda Starr said...

I am at a loss much of the time too with computers. We signed up for Good Sam for our RV the other day and paid with a credit card and the lady was so rude I asked for a supervisor and come to find out she charged us for three years when I had insisted I only wanted to pay for one - some things are really creepy that's for sure.