Friday, February 24, 2012

Holding my breath

Comcast recently raised the cost of my monthly internet service from $65 to $70.  I huffed and puffed and decided that this is the last straw!  So, on Friday, between 12:00 and 5:00 PM (insert joke here) a guy will come to convert the internet service over to Century Link.

There are so many things that can go wrong.

1) I'm most worried about getting my new email address forwarded to all the people and places I've distributed it over the years.
2) I'm worried about getting all my screens and toolbars setup again. 
3) I'm worried that the quoted prices will turn out to be malarkey and I'll wind up paying just as much as if I had stayed with Comcast. 
4) I'm worried that the service will be lousy and I'll kick myself for going to a lot of trouble over nothing.

Here's hoping things go smoothly.


9 comments:

Sparrow chic said...

Everyone hates change ! Here's hoping all goes smoothly.

Linda Myers said...

Good luck with the changeover. We did the same thing when we got rid of our Comcast landline last year. It was a smooth process.

The Owl Wood said...

Best of luck. It's like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea; they're all dozy!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

How can you sleep at night with all these worries? I despise change of any kind...always have to go to the old mantra..."be a willow, not an oak." Hang in there!

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry to learn that you're no longer a Comcast customer. Please feel free to contact me if you decide to come back in the future.

Thanks!

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Well, you got a personal message from Comcast! Hope your changeover goes smoothly!

Buttercup said...

Hope all goes well. Our whole building is wired for Time Warner and we get a pretty good deal, but the thought of changing everything would scare me, too. Hope all went well!

CenturyLink Help Team said...

Hello,

We are happy to hear you have chosen our service. The installation should go smooth for you our techs are highly trained. We are here to help if you do have any issues or further questions. You can reach us via email at tatlktous@centurylink.com

Thanks
Patti
Centurylink Help

CenturyLink Help Team said...

Sorry for the typo the email address is talktous@centurylink.com

Thanks
Patti
Centurylink Help