Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting your thrills where you find them

I''m trying to get "centered" right now. It's Sunday 1:00, and in a few hours the Minnesota Vikings will be in some sort of football contest in Minneapolis across the Mississippi. This would be of little import to me except that my grandson, my granddaughter and her husband have traveled all the way to the Twin Cities for this event.

While the parents are gone, my three darling little great-grand-daughters are whooping it up here with me and playing hide-and-go-seek. They squeal with delight when they are discovered hiding behind furniture and under beds, or even the knee hole of my desk as I type.

This takes me back to the delicious thrill of being found when you've hidden in a really great spot. It was always much more fun being found than finding someone who was hidden.

I notice that when my cats play, they react that way too. The one hidden always leaps up in excitement when the stalking cat approaches. If they were kids, they would be laughing just like the little girls are.

I can't think of anything in my life that would equal the fun and excitement of playing hide-and-seek! Now, how jaded is that!?

Anyway, Go Football Team!

No comments: