Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Seven Challenge

On May 10th, BLissed Out Grandma posted a list of seven Historical or Literary characters she'd like to meet and why. I've been thinking about it ever since and could not think of a single character from literature I'd like to meet, but I have my list of seven historical figures:

L. Ron Hubbard--"What were you thinking when you dreamed up the Scientology religion? It was a huge joke that got out of hand, right?

Nostrodamus--"When you were writing your prognostications, were you really seeing future world events or just basing your predictions on the past? Do you think you accomplished anything good with your writings?

Queen Elizabeth I--"Didn't you despise your father for cutting off your mother's head? What was it like to be around him? What was it like to be Bloody Mary's little sister?

Isaac Asimov--"You were such a great thinker, brilliant scientist, prolific writer and jovial personality. Is there some way you could transfer some of that talent to me?"

Jane Goodall--"To me, you are a saint for protecting wildlife and the environment. May you live to be 100!"

Johanna Lee and Martha Just (my two grandmothers)--"You both died when I was young and I never got to know your stories. What was it like to emigrate to America? What did you do to survive in a foreign land when you didn't speak the language? I am in awe of you and I dearly wish I could have known you both."

Now, who are your Seven?

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That is such an awesome list!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Oh, very nice list! You could really have a great interview with each of them!

Teresa Evangeline said...

Nice idea..good list. I'm a big Goodall fan.

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Oh, I like your list a lot, Ms. Sparrow!

I can't think of the seven I'd like to meet...there are so very many, but I really like your idea of meeting relatives from long ago.

Kittie Howard said...

Fun list...Goodall's definitely got my vote!