Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks to the members of my writer's group


I belong to several writer's groups but I have been with this jovial bunch the longest. They are all accomplished writers and I am so proud to be associated with them.

Their helpful critques keep me from making the stupid mistakes that I sometimes make when writing my blog, for instance: using the same word too many times in a paragraph or the bad habit of using two adjectives to describe things (Stephen King calls it the Noah Syndrome).

So, I'm still learning and growing in some respects. That's what life is all about!

5 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm with you-- It's all about the pumpkin pie and whip cream.
ENJOY!
xo

Sparrow chic said...

Friends and close acquaintances are something to be thankful for. I think I saw a plaque that said, " You can pick your friends, but not your family". I'm lucky to be blessed with both.

Pearl said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pearl

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Learning and growing makes life worth living. And writing often contributes to that process. Thanks for doing your November thank-you list!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh, what cheerful and mischievous faces in your group!!! They look like a fun bunch!