Thursday, February 12, 2009

The blaring sound of sadness

According to the Star Tribune, 118 cats were confiscated from a local mobile home a few days ago. It was a case of another hoarder who took in strays and allowed them to breed uncontrolled. The Humane Society has had many offers from people wanting to adopt them. So, I take back my comment that people don't want "used" cats.

The sad fact is that most of those cats are unadoptable. In spite of being confined inside since birth, the poor things are not socialized or healthy. Most had not had a breath of fresh air in their entire lives and will have to be "put down".

I will have to try harder to find a home for my patio kitty. Maybe that will make me feel better about those poor animals living in dreadful conditions.

I should mention that when the authorities confiscated all those cats, they left three with the couple that were hoarding them. It would have been terribly heartless and inhumane to leave them without any cats.

"When you're used to hearing purring and suddenly it's gone, it's hard to silence the blaring sound of sadness." Missy Altijd

1 comment:

Bevie said...

This was not the first time they were caught doing this. I believe they did it back in 2002, too.